The founder was the late Mr. Joseph Kankam, also known as Kofi Nantwie, who was a goldssmith by profession, he came into contact with catholicism through some of his customers in saltpond. the church building was completed in the mid 30s under the then parish priest, Rev. Fr. Fisher. Among the old Catechist are: Mr. Kwofie, mr. Addo. op. Kwadwo Kodie, Mr. Robert, Mr. Nketia, Mr Karikari (still Alive) Mr. Kwame Oppong.etc. The others included Nana Antwi Boasiako. Mr. Samuel Owusu Afriyie, and the present Catechist, Mr Francis Barfour Awuah.

The church had been over the years been under the administration of Jamasi Parish until September 2003 when it was raised to the level of a rectorate by Most Rev. Joseph Osei Bonsu.Rev. Fr. Eric Baffoe Antwi was the first to take charge and he was also assigned as a tutor and chaplain for Asamang Konadu Yiadom Secondary School.

The following are the names of the past chuch presidents: Joseph Kofi Kankam (founder), 1916-1970, Sabastian Sarfo, 1971-1975, Alexander Kofi Boamah, 1976-1992, Emmanuel Kwasi Donkor, 1992-1994, Kenneth Sarpong Kumakuma 1994-1997, Edward K. Mosi 1997-2002, Sylvester K Adu Agyapong 2003 to date. After Fr. Eric Baffoe Antwi, Fr. Francis Amoako was Appointed and it is his time that the current church building was built.

 
St. Gabriel Catholic Church    
     

 

JAMASI PARISH:       St. Micheal

P.O. Box 4,Jamasi Ashanti

Parish Priest: Rev. Fr. Raphael Osei Soadwah (0505257303 / 0276424282)

Assistant Parish Priest: Fr. John Owusu-Agyemang (0245092778)

Sunday Masses: 8:00am

Outstations:  Afamanso, Apaah, Bepoah, Canaan, Dawu, Yonso.

Short History:

Michael’s St church started in 1916 at Jamasi. The church was brought to Jamasi by op. Peter Bekoe from Cape Coast. Members had to worship under a shed, which was built between the houses of Op. Kwabena Antwi and Op. Kwame Nyina. The priest who visited Jamasi and other places came from Kumasi and Konongo. The first to administer baptism was Fr. Philip Munziger. The first three people who were baptized were Op. Thomas Kwame Boo, Mad. Mary Akosua Nyarko, and Agnes Akua Nyarko whose parents were, Op. Yaw Boo and Mad. Ama Kwartemaa on 21st November, 1916.

The first priest to settle at Jamasi was Fr. John Van de Hout in 1932. He settled in the catechist house and later moved to the old mission house. In 1947 Rev. Fr. John Bastian extablished a primary school. He began with some children from Jamasi and the outstations like Asamang, Boanim, Bepoase, Kyekyewere, Anyinasu, Kwame Danso, Basa and the rest. The first headteacher was the then catechist, Mr. Sey. In 1947, Fr. Bastians started the middle school under the headship of Mr. Raphael Adu Brobbey.

 

 
     
     

KYEKYEWERE PARISH        St. Edward

P.O.Box KS 9898 Kumasi

Parish Erected on 16 August, 2001)

Parish Priest: Fr. Sylvester Frimpong (024-9291896)

Sunday Masses: &:30a.m./ 9:30a.m

Outstations: Bemi, Mayeden-Boayaase, Tetrem, Yamoakrom

About Us

The diocese of Konongo‑Mampong was created on 3 March 1995 by His Holiness Pope John Paul II.  It was carved out of two other dioceses, namely the Diocese of Kumasi and the diocese of Sunyani.  About 90% of the territory of the new diocese of Konongo- Mampong belonged to the diocese of Kumasi, which was created in 1950.

Contact Us

Catholic Diocese of Konongo-Mampong
P.O. Box 382,
Mampong-Ashanti ,Ghana
Telephone: +233-(0)561-22101
Fax: +233-(0)561-22101
Email: info@kmdiocese.org